Monday, November 15, 2010

Your call to action. (Revised)


The Ultimate in large format.


Suggestions in large format.

Where should I go? If you were planning a trip to see the USA, what are the top 5 must see places? Top 10?

My friend and I will be taking a bicycle trip through the USA, starting in the spring. To help plan, I am looking for points of interest. Although we have planned a counterclockwise approach to hopefully find good weather, the route is fairly malleable. We will surely attempt to catch the classic landmarks such as; the Grand Canyon, the Statue of Liberty, etc.

For me, this trip is a quest to see the greatness that is America. I want to find the delectable pockets of culture that make the country great. Places so unique, they cannot be duplicated. So if you've been somewhere in your lifetime, a place so exceptional you can't forget, please indulge me.

The first map on this post titled "The Ultimate" is the route I have haphazardly planned thus far. This is by no means static, and will never be finalized until the road has been ridden into history. Please also note that we will be spending most of our time on secondary highways, not interstates.

--Instructions--

As I hear suggestions from people, I will add yellow pin marks to the second map in the proper location. In the comments section of this blog, please post suggestions you have with:

1. Name of city AND state.
2. What's there; food, people, landmark, etc.
3. Anyone you know that might let me/us pitch a tent in their yard.

To add a comment, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "comments". I have enabled anonymous commenting, so you're not required to have an account or sign into anything.

Feel free to make as many suggestions as you want.

Please repay my efforts to entertain you by making a suggestion. Even if you hardly know me, and/or read this blog simply as a means to admire, envy, judge, criticize, or mock--at least that's why I read blogs...

Thanks in advance.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is leaving a comment sooo difficult?!
    1. The Grand Canyon National Park, AZ.
    2. The Grand Canyon.
    3. No, nut I'll meet you there and help you find some place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Portland, Maine. (yes this seems a bit obvious to visit out fair city's namesake but over the past few months i've met some pretty amazing people from the great state of maine, and only hear things that make me want to go.)
    2. delicious food everywhere. i will be able to give you more detail soon.
    3. i have already gotten an affirmative from my friend zak who just moved back there, his couch is your couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ross,

    I have contacts and/or advice for Atlanta, GA; Walhalla, SC (seriously!); Asheville & Brevard NC; Lynchburg, VA; Pittsburgh, PA; and Providence, RI.

    hope you dudes are off to a rad start!

    email me!
    jeremiah

    ReplyDelete