Sunday, November 21, 2010

97 days and counting.

A few days ago--four to be exact--I was told our countdown in Korea has reached 100 days. A few days later--two to be exact--I decided it would be fun to have a 100 day project. A friend suggested taking a picture of my face every day to see what changes. I think the idea is great, but I'm not interested in having 100 shots of my mug. The concept sparked another idea, which is to take one photograph for each remaining day.

Unfortunately, by the time I discovered this idea, I was already a few days short of 100, it was evening time on the 98th day, and I was tired. Therefore, the first picture was taken on the 97th day in the countdown.

My intention is to take 97 photographs that best illustrate life in Korea, for a now experienced English teacher from America. I will do my best to post each picture on each day, but I will inevitably get behind from time to time.

--Update--

After a recalculation, what I thought was 97 days was actually 99.

Without further ado, here is my first submission. Please enjoy.


Die Springs.


Some Seoul citizens believe that in 50 years, the city will entirely consist of apartment buildings. In my neighborhood there are still signs of a bustling industry, but the encroaching high rise development looms in the distance.

Click on the picture to see the full album.

No comments:

Post a Comment