Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pink Martini 입니다













A little Portland treat played through Seoul last weekend. We were lucky enough to have a friend with connections and ended up with some free tickets. Lucky enough might be an understatement because the tickets were 99,000 won. I took my camera out of my pocket a few times, but I just learned I need to clean the lens...

Admittedly, I haven't spent much time listening to Pink Martini but they do put on a good show. I can appreciate the international style. It was nice to feel a little home state pride for a band originating just a short float down river from where I started.

I enjoyed listening to their attempts at Korean. What I don't understand is how the audience could understand the butchered attempts. Sometimes, even when I know what I'm suppose to be saying, Koreans can't understand me. Must be something related to musical tones.

Anyhow, since the time I officially aired this journal of sorts, I have been moving about daily life with a new interest in documenting things. Even though I've become accustomed to the differences in Korea, I have a new found interest in photographing interesting things to put on here. Therefore, more to come.

Enough words.

No comments:

Post a Comment