Monday, March 22, 2010

마라톤 했어요.


The yellow haze.



(I did a marathon).

I don't know what inspired me to complete such a task, but as with all pre-registration organized group events, paying in advance for a spot means no backing down. At least I thought that was the case until Saturday in Seoul turned into a toxic eastern dust bowl. The picture does little justice to the atmosphere we were looking through four hours earlier. At about 9:30am the air was so saturated it felt like 20 minutes past sundown on a cloudy day. At any rate, some beneficial weather overnight provided a very clear, crisp, and beautiful Sunday morning for the slog across town.


I went a bit to hard at the beginning which made the finish tough. The wall everyone talks about came at about 25K, then 30K, then 35K. It was like running over a healthy ECG heartbeat graph. At any rate, I made it into the stadium and across the finish a mere 2H:20M behind the race winner. In all fairness, they had a 30 minute head start in the first group...

Run Fatboy Run
Dennis: He runs marathons.
Gordon: Why?

I could not agree more.

This guy does marathons.



잠실 or Bust.

Thanks for the pictures Dina.

1 comment:

  1. glad to see this life event was not strategically left unmentioned.

    p.s you look rilly tall with a pinhead in that last picture. sorry.

    ReplyDelete