Wednesday, September 1, 2010

China pt. 4: Breakfast

Lucky for us, I had a good day with my camera and got a lot of interesting photos. This means day four will be broken into pieces so I don't have a 22 photo post.

After our continental breakfast, we made our way to the Summer Palace where the famous Empress Cixi (pronounced: c c) resided in the summer. Before we reached the gates, we spotted a line of people waiting while a man operated a spinning griddle. I got the travel hunger; I wasn't hungry but wanted to try what he was making.

Pour the batter.



Roll it up.



Add an egg.



Scrape it off.



Fold it up.



MMMMM...


I didn't really know what the finished product was, but the process of cooking the big pancake tortilla was so fascinating I just had to have my own. It turned out to be some kind of delicious spicy wrap with an optional sausage.

The real name according to the sign was "Big Shan Dong Pancake" but I'm calling it the Chinese burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment